Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Dios Te Bendiga

Dios Te Bendiga - God Bless You: It's the first thing you will hear when you walk into a church. They bless you, and if you are kind and understand what they are saying to you, you bless them back. And I have indeed been blessed in the 2 1/2 weeks that I have been here so far. I would like to share some blessings with you :)

  • First and foremost, I would like to announce that I will be staying here until December. Due to my car mishaps and not driving down here as I originally planned, I was able to save a lot of money which extended my stay to 6 months. God is good!
  • Last week I began my weekly visits with women from the churches in El Millon and Jesus Carranza. Frustrations and blessings spill out of this ministry. Frustration because of the language barrier and not being able to communicate what I would like to. Blessings because I do know some Spanish and often enough to understand the main concept of what is being said. I have the opportunity to get to know the stories of these women and pray with them. The blessing mostly comes from the opportunity to bless them. God is good!
  • I am always learning here. Learning about culture, learning the language, learning how to make new things. I love it. Whether I am out visiting a family, doing my daily Spanish/English class with Olga who also lives in the dorm, or simply helping make a dessert - I always learn something new on a daily basis. And lately I have been learning multiple new things on a daily basis. God is good!
  • I feel at home here. This doesn't mean I don't miss home because I do, but I am comfortable here which is a huge blessing for a 6 month stay. I am surrounded by people I know and know enough Spanish to get help if I need anything. I enjoy the simplicity and gratitude that the people here model so well. There are so many lessons that we, as Americans, can learn from these people who live not even a mile across the border from the U.S. God is good!
I indeed have felt God's blessings so far and know there are only more to come. I am excited for the many opportunities before me to bless others, as this is what I am here to do. :)
Until next time... Dios Te Bendiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment